Like we do every year, here’s your TOP TEN TIPS to roll into SAMF weekend like a BOSS. So read below and educate yourself so your SAMF weekend is as smooth as the sounds coming from the Anjunabeats tent.
1) STAY HYDRATED AND KEEP COOL! Early June is always a beautiful time to enjoy music under the sun, but it can also be hot!, Staying hydrated via our TWO Free water locations is a must. Remember, empty Camelbaks and similar hydration packs, factory sealed clear plastic water bottles and empty clear plastic water bottles ARE allowed, so come equipped! PRO-TIP: You can also grab a free bottle of water from security at the front of each stage or a medic tent. It’s a long weekend, take time to rest and hydrate!
3) PAY ATTENTION TO PROHIBITED / ALLOWED ITEMS. We politely ask that you limit the number of items you bring with you, as all attendees will be searched upon entry. More items mean longer security lines. See the full list HERE and feel free to email info@
5) UPGRADE TO VIP! You will be able to upgrade to VIP inside the fest at the Entrance to the main VIP area, marked on the MAP! Elevated viewing areas, express entry, complimentary cell charging, and private bars (21+ to drink) await. Treat yo’self!
6) OFFICIAL MERCH WILL SELL OUT! The Official Merch is sick this year! We have branded hoodies, tanks, caps, bandanas, crop tops, classic tees, flags, ear plugs and collaborations with Grassroots and more! Also new this year: There is one central location for all 2019 merch, located in the middle of the fest grounds.
7) GET HERE EASILY & BE GOOD NEIGHBORS! Check out the GETTING HERE page on our website for all the ways you can arrive safely to our new location in Hoffman Estates. This year, we will be offering onsite parking, as well as complimentary shuttles to the festival site from the Rosemont CTA Blue Line Station, Metra Elgin Station, and Metra Barrington Station. Bike racks and a dedicated UBER/ LYFT/Taxi terminal will be available as well. Also, it is important to be mindful of the impact our traffic has on the local environment and neighborhood. Please pick up your trash, use recycling bins around the festival, and respect the residential neighborhoods that surround the festival grounds by not littering and observing appropriate noise levels when you travel to and from Spring Awakening.
8) AFTERPARTIES! The festival ends each night at 10 PM, but the party keeps going at our Official Spring Awakening after parties. Check out the list of official afters and find the right one for you. Some go to 4AM or later at Chicago’s premier clubs and venues. A lot are already sold out, so grab tickets while you still can and stay tuned for any special announcements. We just might add one or two more!
9) KEEP TRACK OF YOUR TECH + BELONGINGS! Turn on your Find My Phone app for Android or iPhone during the fest and stay vigilant about protecting your phones! Every year we get a LOT of phones into Lost and Found at the end of the festival. Technology rules! Kind of. And remember we’ll have Lockers for rent with cell charging on site. Be the hero of your group and rent a locker!
10) BE SAFE & MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME! This year, SAMF has teamed up with a variety of partners to make for a safer, better festival experience for everyone, including Our Music, My Body to spread the message of consent at the fest. We’re all in this together so please look out for your fellow fest goer. You will not get in trouble for raising concerns over someone’s safety. Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint, so have fun responsibly. If you see something, say something. Wear hearing protection, apply sunscreen frequently, take breaks in the shade, drink water, eat food and be safe!
From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU! Please show your SAMF fam some love by making the most out of this weekend and taking care of one another along the way. It’s during these times we make the memories of our lives and we can only keep doing this with your help and support.